Mini Camp College is a free, interactive, and informative college planning workshop designed for high school students from underrepresented and underserved populations. College admission professionals from institutions across the country lead workshops designed to help students navigate the college application process.
In-person Mini Camp College
Mini Camp College is a one-day (typically four to five hour) program meant to reflect the needs of the group it serves and often consists of information sessions that seek to educate high school students and their families on all aspects of the college application process. the In-person Mini Camp Colleges typically are held in conjunction with other college admissions events in the area.
Virtual Mini Camp College
Virtual Mini Camp College is a one-hour topic-specific webinar. These webinars are meant to reflect the needs of the group it serves and often consist of information sessions that seek to educate high school students and their families on all different aspects of the college application process.
Sessions include (but not limited to)
- Researching Colleges
- Which College is Best for Me?
- Time Management
- Navigating a College Fair
- The College Application Process
- Choosing a College Major
- Taking the ACT and SAT
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- College Athletics
Who Attends Mini Camp College?
We aim to serve specific groups of underrepresented high school students (first-generation, low socioeconomic, students of color) who should be sought out and encouraged to attend. All high school students and any adults helping a student navigate the college admission process are invited to participate.
Upcoming Mini Camps*:
- How to Find a College When you Don’t Know What Career You Want – Tuesday, June 22 @ 6 pm Central/7 pm Eastern (register here)
- Writing Your Personal Statement for College…Let’s Chat on How to Start
- Extracurricular Activities: What will impress colleges?
- The Benefits of a Liberal Arts College: “I didn’t know I could major in science at a liberal arts college!”
- Selecting a College Virtually
- Financial Aid/Scholarships
*date/time/registration information will be posted when it becomes available
Past Mini Camps:
- VIRTUAL session #6 – The College Search Process/Type of Colleges & How to Determine the “Right Fit” (view the session here)
- VIRTUAL session #5 – Financial Aid (view the session here)
- VIRTUAL session #4 – How to Apply to College and Write an Effective Essay (view the session here)
- VIRTUAL session #3 – Resumes & Activities Lists (view the session here)
- VIRTUAL session #2 – Standardized Testing (view the session here)
- VIRTUAL session #1 – How to Navigate your College Search During Covid-19 (view the session here)