Given the cancellation of our in-person fairs and our commitment to serving our students to achieve their post-secondary goals, we are excited to announce that SACAC will be partnering with StriveScan to host a virtual college fair on February 11, 2021.
Since last spring, StriveScan has hosted virtual college fairs and other virtual college admission programs nationwide, with over 300,000 students and 2,000 colleges and universities participating. We are partnering with StriveScan to create a unique opportunity for SACAC members and students in our region.
Thursday, February 11, 2021
5:00 – 7:45 PM Eastern
College Registration is now open! The cost to participate is $125 per institution for members and $150 per institution for non-members. HBCUs are invited to attend at no cost. The deadline to sign up is Monday, January 18, 2021. Register now! Neither discounts nor refunds will be provided retroactively.
StriveScan’s 6×6 Virtual College Fair Format
- After college registration closes, colleges will be assigned by us to a group with 5 other institutions (total of 6 colleges per group). Your group’s session will be 45-minutes long, allowing for each institution to present for 6 minutes.
- Throughout the entire 45 minutes, students will be able to ask questions via chat.
- There will be multiple concurrent group sessions happening each hour.
- Students will register through StriveScan for each group session they want to attend.
- All 6 institutions in the group will receive the StriveScan student data for all of the students who registered for your group’s session.
- Your total time commitment is approximately one hour.
- Sessions are hosted by StriveScan via Zoom Webinars (students will not be on camera).
- Learn more about StriveScan’s 6×6 virtual college fair format
Once college registration closes, we publish the schedule and notify you of your hour-long time block and the other institutions you will be presenting with during your session. You may have up to two representatives from your institution as panelists during the session. Some institutions may want to have one representative dedicated to answering questions in the chat.
You may have up to two representative from your institution as panelists during the session. Some institutions may want to have one representative dedicated to answering questions in the chat.
What you Receive with Your Registration
- One 45-minute session (February 11)
- 6 minutes during each session to present about your institution
- Ability to answer student questions throughout the sesssion
- StriveScan student data on all students who register for your group’s session
- Recordings will be hosted on our website for students to access after the live fairs
- Up to two representatives from your institutions
Student & Counselor Registration
Student Registration opens on Monday, January 25th. Students, families, and other counseling professionals are all welcome to attend free of charge.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Ashley Young & Jessica Hardy, National College Fair Co-Chairs.