Extending the Dream Grant is a fund that enables members of SACAC to establish and pay for special projects in their communities. The Extending the Dream Grant is awarded annually and serves college-bound students. Many recipients of the grant have served as advocates for creating pathways to college by pushing the limits on college access and increasing awareness about the college search process. The ultimate goal is to make the dream of attending college a reality.
2023 ETD Professional Grants Timeline
- February 8, 2023 – Application opens
- February 22, 2023 @ 12:30 pm EST – The Basics of the Extending the Dream SACAC Grant Application for 2023 webinar (click to view the recording)
- March 24, 2023 @ 11:59 pm – Application deadline
- April 10-14, 2023 – Interviews by application only
- April 17-21, 2023 – Notification to all applicants
- 30 days after PD event – Reimbursement paperwork due
Grants typically range from $500 to $3700. The Extending the Dream Grant committee will contact all candidates and recipients. NOTE: ETD is a reimbursement grant. You are required to submit original receipts and ETD reimbursement form within 30 days of your event.
- College tours
- Clocks and calculators for ACT tests
- Resources and food for college education workshops
- Materials for college access programs or events
For questions, please contact the Extending the Dream Grants Committee at: email@example.com.