The Annual Conference Planning Committee is charged with developing, coordinating, and implementing the association’s largest professional development event. Plans begin well in advance to ensure a dynamic line up of speakers and presenters, engaging sessions, opportunities for networking and outreach, access to the latest in products and services through our exhibit hall, and more.
The event also includes opportunities for post-conference college tours, optional wellness and athletic programming, the networking college fair, local public high school counselor day, and post conference sessions.
The 2023 SACAC annual conference will be held in-person at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront in Jacksonville, FL, April 23 – 24, 2023, with post-conference sessions and local college tours taking place Tuesday, April 25. Local public high school counselor day will be held Sunday, April 23. *no virtual components will be offered
View the event page and get registered by clicking here!
Are you an exhibitor? Visit this page for details and to register.
Conference Details & FAQs
- Conference registration is now open! Click here to view the event page as well as to register.
- Early bird registration for members is $250 and $300 for non-members. Early bird registration ends Tuesday, February 28. After that, registration fees increase by $50.
- There are no discount rates for presenters. Presenters pay the full registration fee.
- There are no one-day rates.
- Online registration closes March 29 when payments are due.
- Exhibitor registration details can be found here.
- Presenters must pay to attend the conference. There are no passes to simply come in for your session and then leave.
- There are no discount registration rates for presenters.
- View Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront information here.
- The host hotel, Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, is reporting that Friday, April 21 and Monday, April 24 are sold out. We appreciate everyone’s patience while we continue to navigate conversations with the Hyatt Regency. We anticipate there will be some movement over the next several weeks, but in the meantime, we are working to secure an overflow hotel space and will share more information soon.
- Sunday is mostly on your own, but we will provide a few snacks and coffee throughout the afternoon. Additionally, there will be light hors d'oeuvres and appetizers at the President’s Welcome Reception that evening.
- You can find a list of dining options at the Hyatt Regency here.
- On Monday, breakfast is on your own, but we will provide a few snacks and coffee throughout the day. We hope you will join us for our conference luncheon and ultimately for the Conference Social where we will serve heavy hors d’oeuvres and appetizers.
- Each conference attendee will receive two complimentary drink tickets. These tickets can be used at the President’s Welcome Reception on Sunday evening or the Conference Social on Monday evening. Once you’ve used your tickets, a cash bar is available.
- Exhibitor registration is now open. Visit the conference exhibitor event page for details and to register.
- The early bird registration fee for exhibitors is $750 and includes (1) 6-foot table in the exhibit area as well as (1) attendee registration. A pre- and post-conference registrant list will also be provided. The registrant list will include name, title, institution, mailing address, and email.
- Exhibits are limited to a 6-foot tabletop displays due to space constraints.
- Table location is assigned on a first-registered, first-assigned basis.
- Anita Hua, firstname.lastname@example.org - Logistics/Hotel/Volunteers/Schedule
- Diana McAfee, email@example.com - Registration/Exhibit/Sponsorship inquiries
- Christy Conley, firstname.lastname@example.org - Session proposals/content inquiries
- Many people are needed to help make the conference run smoothly and be a success! We'll advertise specific ways to help closer to the conference. Want to express your interest now? Contact Annual Conference Chair Anita Hua at email@example.com.
- Please see the information below for sponsorship opportunities. Express your interest in sponsoring a particular aspect by completing this form.
- Questions? Ideas? Please contact us directly to chat!
- 2024: Raleigh (NC) Convention Center, March 24-25
- Contracts with host hotels are set roughly three years in advance. SACAC works with Helms Briscoe on our meeting procurement and site selection. There are many considerations given to selecting a location such as space constraints, sleeping room needs, cost, ease of travel, etc. If you have questions about how we navigate this process, please contact Annual Conference Chair Anita Hua at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our 2023 Annual Conference Sponsors!
Sponsor of the Outreach Project
Sponsor of WiFi
Sponsor of the Mobile App
Sponsor of the Conference Kick Off
Name badges and Networking College Fair scanning
Jacksonville City Partners
sponsor of the President’s Welcome Reception
sponsor of the Networking College Fair
Sponsor of the Special Interest Group (SIG) Meetings
Sponsor of the Post-conference Sessions
The Southern Association for College Admission Counseling has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6805. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. SACAC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.