Dry Run 2020 will be held at Tulane University in New Orleans, LA
Sunday, July 19, 2020 – Wednesday, July 22, 2020
Dry Run is an annual workshop designed to provide practical experience for new admission professionals who are currently employed by a college or university. The program provides training in relevant basic skills and discussion of pertinent issues and situations encountered in the admission profession. Participants will attend presentations, engage in case studies, work within small-group settings, and participate in mock-situation settings. This is a residential program and all participants are required to attend all sessions and activities and stay in on-campus housing, regardless of whether they live locally or not.
Participants will be assisted by volunteer “faculty.” Dry Run faculty are seasoned college counseling professionals from a variety of secondary and post-secondary institutions. Dry Run faculty members consist of SACAC members that are leaders in our profession that have displayed multiple years of experience in a variety of key subject areas that are relevant to admissions and success in our field. During Dry Run, faculty will lead program sessions and share their expertise and diverse experiences with our future colleagues.
In addition, participants will break out in small group mentoring sessions with faculty members. These sessions allow for more in-depth discussion, question and answer, and application of the material presented in conference sessions. The program culminates with participants giving a short “dry run” presentation on their institutions.
Cost of Participant Attendance: $425 for SACAC members and $475 for nonmembers
Registration will open in spring 2020.
2020 Dry Run Co-Chairs:
Presentations from 2019:
- Started From the Bottom, Now We’re Here: An Ode to Those Beyond Six Months Experience
- Athletes & the Field of Dreams: Athletics, Admissions, & Everything In Between the Boundaries
- School Daze: Addressing the Divide on Being Human in College [Multicultural & Diversity Awareness/Recruitment]
- Organized Chaos: Expecting the Unexpected [Events]
- Financial Aid
- Counselors of the Round Table: Creating Relationships & Working Toward Student Dreams Together
- Where in the World is the International Admissions Counselor?
- Heard About Us: Recruitment and Application Review at Large Schools
- Medium-Sized Institutions: The Jambalaya of Colleges!
- Elevating your Elevator Pitch: Crafting Presentations for all Occasions
- Are Small Colleges the Big Easy? Recruitment for Colleges Under 5000 Students
- Felt Cute, Might Delete Later: Connecting with the Next Generation Through Social Media
- Transitioning From Student to Staff: A Different Kind of Homecoming
- Managing a Full House: How to Raise Student Employees Into Young Professionals
- Conductors of the Transfer Train: Guiding Students during Transition
- Travel Planning Mixtape