2024 Program: TBA
Each year Summer Seminar gathers seasoned professionals from both undergraduate admissions and secondary school college counseling to share “best practices” and address each aspect of a college counselor’s responsibilities. Participants will attend presentations as well as visit college campuses during Summer Seminar.
Who Should Attend? The ideal attendee is a first or second-year college counselor in a high school setting.
Topics which will be addressed in detail include:
- Ethics in College Counseling
- Anatomy of a College Counseling Program
- The Intersection of DEI and Advocacy*
- Admission Practices – What’s Really Happening on the Other Side
- Special Populations in the Admission Process: Athletics, Fine & Performing Arts, Military Academies
- Happy Counselor, Happy Life*
- Show me the Money – Financing College
Summer Seminar will provide participants time to reflect, share ideas, and ignite their love for the profession.
Registration will open in spring of 2024.
2023 Program Fees (as a point of reference; 2024 TBD)
$475 for members; $550 for non-members
The Southern Association for College Admission Counseling has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6805. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. SACAC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.